Wednesday, November 7, 2012

.Waiting On Wednesday #17


Hosted By Jill @Breaking The Spine




My wow this week features a YA, Historical book. Historical's are usually not a favorite genre of mine, but I do love a good story with a kick a** chick in it. She's a thief, turned spy, and it looks like there is a love story is sprinkled in there.  




Maid of Secrets
Expected publication: May 7th 2013 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
 




Seventeen-year-old Meg Fellowes is a wry, resourceful thief forced to join an elite group of female spies in Queen Elizabeth’s Court. There she must solve a murder, save the Crown, and resist the one thing that will become her greatest freedom–and her deadliest peril.

For Meg and her fellow spies are not alone in their pursuit of the murderer who stalks Windsor Castle.

A young, mysterious Spanish courtier, Count Rafe de Martine, appears at every turn in the dark and scandal-filled corridors of the Queen’s summer palace. And though secrets and danger are Meg’s stock-in-trade, she’s never bargained on falling in love.



12 comments:

  1. I'm not generally one for YA fiction, this one intrigues me - that look on her face tells a story all its own.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of the cover for this one, but I like how the blurb makes it sound like there is a lot of mystery and twists. I love me some twists! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover is pretty creepy. And it's YA? Wow!

    Nice pick!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one before but it does look interesting! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not seen this one before, but I am definitely going to have to keep my eyes out for it. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not that big on historicals either but this one has caught my interest! Thanks so much for spotlighting it, great choice! Hope you'll love it when you get to read it :) Here's my WoW pick this week.

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds different than my norm but sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh sounds like something that I would read. I really like the sound of this one. Come check out my WOW this week as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa. This sounds freaking fantastic !! What a knife! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this sounds good, kinda like Grave Mercy..adding to my wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy reading the book when it comes out. Nice pick! Thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So I really dislike this cover and I don't usually love historical reads, but something about that blurb grabbed me. I added it to my list the other day and I think I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete