Wednesday, December 5, 2012

.Waiting On Wednesday #20



Hosted By Jill @Breaking The Spine






My wow features Dare To You, the second installment to the Pushing The Limits series. I loved Pushing The Limits, so I'm excited to see what happens next with the characters.
My second wow is a spin-off to the Hex Hall series. Even though I haven't started reading the Hex Hall series, yet, I really want to, and love the cover to the spin-off. The girl looks fierce!






Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)

GOODREADS

 

Dare You To(Pushing the Limits #2)
By Katie McGarry

Expected publication: May 28th 2013 by Harlequin Teen





"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness.



 That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt
who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....






Pushing The Limits Series

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)



















School Spirits (Hex Hall Spin-off, #1)
       GOODREADS
School Spirits (Hex Hall Spin-Off #1)


Expected publication: May 14th 2013 by Disney-Hyperion






Fifteen-year-old Izzy Brannick was trained to fight monsters. For centuries, her family has hunted magical creatures. But when Izzy’s older sister vanishes without a trace while on a job, Izzy's mom decides they need to take a break.

Izzy and her mom move to a new town, but they soon discover it’s not as normal as it appears. A series of hauntings has been plaguing the local high school, and Izzy is determined to prove her worth and investigate. But assuming the guise of an average teenager is easier said than done. For a tough girl who's always been on her own, it’s strange to suddenly make friends and maybe even have a crush.

Can Izzy trust her new friends to help find the secret behind the hauntings before more people get hurt?

Rachel Hawkins' delightful spin-off brings the same wit and charm as the New York Times best-selling Hex Hall series. Get ready for more magic, mystery and romance.




Hex Hall Series

  Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)

16 comments:

  1. yaaay i cannot wait for Dare You To! I really enjoyed reading Pushing The Limits, and now i cant wait to read more about Beth! and wow a spin off? I havent even read the hex hall series yet! *cries* Btw, great blog! New follower!
    - Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard quite a lot about the Hex Hall series but never really looked into it. This spin off sounds fab though so I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

    RobynLeanne @ Fairytales and Folklore

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHhhh yay Dare You To! I just love that cover and I am so excited for Beth's story!

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Jumps up and down*! Yes I so cannot wait to read this book. I mean I love Pushing the Limits and I have high expectations of this one! :) Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of either of these series but I need to! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost featured Dare You To as well. I am in love with that sexy cover! I am upset it isn't featuring Beth and Isaiah though. I never finished the Hex Hall series because I was mad with how she ended it so I never read the last book. Not sure if I should read the spin-off yet.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! Well, I'm going to assume they're great since I haven't actually read my copies of PtL and the Hex Hall series. But I have faith!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Can Not Wait Till Dare To You!!! I need to add School Spirits too. It sounds like it is going to be great. Awesome picks.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover of Dare to You..eep! Awesome picks! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I reserve the right to pick Dare You To at a later date!!!!! >.< Seriously, when did the cover come out?!?!?!

    I still have to read Hex Hall - I own it, just haven't gotten to it.

    How does Lisa find these.... We may never know *fade out*
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dare to You is definitely the pick of the day! It looks amazing! I still haven't read the Hex Hall series but it looks good too =) Great picks!

    Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for School Spirits, I loved the Hex Hall series!!! And I really want to read Pushing the Limits, I don't read contemporary but this one sounds really good. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dare to You sounds SO good! And this Hex Hall book is news to me!! AWESOME news! Love that series! GREAT share! Happy reading.

    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dare to you sounds awesome. A lot like Pushing the limits but I loved that book so I am not complaining.
    Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! I hadn't seen the cover for Dare you To, I adore Pushing the Limits, so this is a must for me.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete