Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Review: The Assasin and the Empire by Sarah J Maas







The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass, #0.4)
The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass 0.4)
by:















Celaena Sardothien is the assassin with everything: a place to call her own, the love of handsome Sam, and, best of all, freedom. Yet, she won’t be truly free until she is far away from her old master, Arobynn Hamel; Celaena must take one last daring assignment that will liberate her forever. But having it all, means you have a lot to lose . . .

This fourth fantastic e-novella gives readers an inside look at the characters who appear in the full-length novel Throne of Glass. Don’t miss out












Novella #4 and I'm utterly speechless... That's right, me not saying anything?
... >"<....

UGH!!

I loved this book, and hated this book all at the same time. Now, you know when an author has you feeling emotions like that, then they've got to be awesome, right??


Celaena is baaaack, and she is living life a way from Arobynn and his utterly uncharming ways, yes, I'll come out and say it I HATE HIM!! I knew from the last book, The Assassin and the Underworld, (see, my review HERE)just how ruthless he can be, but this time I feel he takes the cake!
So, yea, Celaena is living in her flat alongside her love, Sam *swoons* *swoons some more*. They are basically strapped for cash, after Celaena has to pay her way, as well as Sam's way out of Arobynn's keep, and pay him for his money loss, from Skull's Bay, from the first  book, The Assassin and the Pirate Lord(HERE).

Sam and Celaena must find work, as an assassin, there really isn't many contracts out there that haven't already been swooped up by Arobynn. So, Sam being the typical male, feels he must go out on the streets and hustle for an assassin job, and he finds one, which is great, but we soon find out the target to be assassined is ruthless and a mob boss of sorts in their city. A highly dangerous job that Celaena has second thoughts about, but Sam manages to sway her and tells her she shouldn't be involved, of course Celaena is no pushover(even for her love) and tells him they are in this together.

Now, I'm not going to spoil the rest of the story for you, just let me tell you Sarah J Mass had me emotionally charged, I was crying, and screaming, Nooooooo!!!! This can't be? I wanted to wip out my daggers and jump into the book, and save the day, but whoa, that was not meant to be... :( 

So, yes I'm a 100% a fan of Sarah's now! I loved all four novella's and have been vigorously reading the Throne Of Glass, which has me feeling a little bit better after the circumstances of this one.

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for my exciting interview with Sarah, and my oh, so exciting review during the Bloomsbury Book Tour, plus I may just throw in a awesome giveaway! ;)


 






No comments:

Post a Comment