Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Interview: J.A. Redmerski Author of The Mayfair Moon

Look who I have on the blog today!
Author of The Mayfair Moon ~ J.A. Redmerski
The Mayfair Moon is the first book in the Darkwoods Trilogy.





The Mayfair Moon (The Darkwoods Trilogy #1)







          




                              
 Interview with J.A. Redmerski:



1) Hi JA,  Tell me a little about yourself?

I was born in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1975 and started writing in 1976. Ok, not so much, but it feels like it!  I’ve been writing since I was thirteen, the first time I dove into an actual novel. I can never see me doing anything else. Also, I have three great kids and a Maltese.



2)What book(s) or movie(s) are you looking forward to this year?

More than anything, I'm looking forward to Part 1 of The Hobbit due out in theatres in December. As far as books, I'm hoping that Neil Gaiman will write another fantasy novel like Stardust or Neverwhere - it's been a long time for him!

(I'm looking forward to The Hobbit, too!)



3)Tell me about your book, and what character if any do you relate to?

Let me give you the blurb for The Mayfair Moon, first:

After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister, but gains the love of a mysterious young man and his legendary family.

Strange and tragic things begin to happen in the small town of Hallowell, Maine: residents come down with an unexplainable ‘illness’ and some disappear. In the midst of everything, Isaac Mayfair is adamant about keeping Adria safe, even from her sister whom he has warned her to stay away from.

As unspeakable secrets unfold all around Adria, impossible choices become hers to bear. Ultimately, no matter what path she takes, her life and the lives of those she loves will be in peril. As she learns about the werewolf world she also learns why her place in it will change the destinies of many.



If I relate to any character, I guess it would have to be Adria Dawson. Our lives 'growing up' are somewhat similar, but not enough that anyone can say that the character was based on me. Adria is stronger than I could ever be!

(Sounds really good, can't wait to start reading this! Look for my review, soon)



4)What new projects are you working on?

Right now, I've been furiously typing away at Book Two in the Darkwoods Trilogy titled, KINDRED. It will be sexier, the love will be deeper, the tragedies will be more unbearable and the ending will be intense!

(Sounds exciting!)



5)What was /is the hardest part of the whole book writing process, writing or promoting?

I think writing and promoting are equally hard, but since I'd rather be writing, I'd have to say that because of this, promoting is the hardest for me. Don't get me wrong, I love all the book bloggers that have helped me get the word out about THE MAYFAIR MOON, but the time that is spent promoting, to me, makes the whole process a necessary evil. It just takes me out of my story and delays the writing and publishing process, but it has to be done.





6)What made you decide to write a story like THE MAYFAIR MOON?

Unlike most YA novels on the market today, the werewolves in THE MAYFAIR MOON are beastly as opposed to shape-shifters that simply turn into wolves. I've always been a huge fan of traditional werewolves as depicted in films like Underworld, Dog Soilders, and Ginger Snaps and when I couldn't find any YA books with werewolves like these, I decided to write my own. I have absolutely nothing against the shape-shifter kind of werewolves, but traditional werewolves, to me are much more complex both in human and werewolf form. I've always had a hard time being afraid, or feel like any real danger is imminent with the canine shape-shifter kind. Once they shift into canines, that intense feeling of struggle disappears for me. Personally, I love the sense of constant danger, that feeling of "What if he lose's control?" and I think it makes for a more interesting story. With the relationship between Isaac and Adria, I hope I have pulled this off, successfully.



Thanks for having me, Lisa!  ~J.A. Redmerski

Thank You for stopping by, J.A.! It was my pleasure.








                                                                                                                                                                                                            

1 comment: